PADI Assistant Instructor Prerequisites:
- At least 18 years old;
- Dive Leader certification – PADI Divemaster (or leadership-level certification from another agency);
- If not a PADI Divemaster, complete the PADI Divemaster course diver rescue skills assessment
- Certified diver for six months;
- Emergency First Response primary and secondary care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) completed within the last 24 months;
- Submit a medical clearance for diving, signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- Submit documentation of qualifying certifications for entry level, advanced, rescue and leadership level as necessary.
Don’t meet the prerequisites yet? No problem! Click here to read about our PADI Divemaster program, and add to your Divemaster course any of the following:
- Rescue Diver program
- Emergency First Response program
- Advanced Open Water program
- Open Water Diver program
PADI Assistant Instructor Required Materials (available in the IDC Crew Pack):
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster)
- IDC Candidate Workbook and related reference materials
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
- PADI Instructor Manual
Please also note, the PADI Assistant Instructor course is a professional course. As such, certification costs are not included. After completion of the course you must send your completed Assistant Instructor application and processing fees to PADI for approval. Please feel free to ask about current processing costs.
For more information email us at email@example.com!