Our Assistant Instructor program takes your diving career to a whole new level. As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also will master the PADI approach to conducting classroom presentations as well as confined water and open water sessions. Add to your employability with a new range of programs that you can independently conduct, as well as improving your abilities as an instructional scuba assistant. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor. The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor course, and successful performance at the Instructor Examination (IE), leads to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
You build upon your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. You will participate in classes and workshops covering marketing, risk management, teaching specialty courses, entry level scuba programs, teaching philosophies, and the mechanics of how people learn most effectively. You will also become an expert with the PADI course standards and raise your dive theory knowledge to instructor level.
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, as a PADI Assistant Instructor you can:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team aquamissions
AND you’ll be able to teach programs!
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy specialty divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
- Teach Project AWARE specialty courses
- Teach the Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
Our Assistant Instructor program is available as a stand-alone course (5 days) or as part of the Instructor Development Course.
To schedule one of these programs or get more information email us at BlueAngelTraining@gmail.com!